Lug is a fashion lifestyle brand that offers a breadth of products in a variety of fun colours, patterns and quilts. Lug has a unique company culture that promotes collaboration and creativity and emphasizes an atmosphere of innovation and celebration. When you join Lug, you are welcomed into the Lug family!
The role of the Graphic Designer is to help with the productivity of the marketing team by creating marketing collateral.
This position is expected to embrace the Lug culture, and be passionate about what we do and why we do it! By living and breathing our brand, they will want to go above and beyond to be part of the growth, and will celebrate the milestones we hit along the way.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Creative Director, the duties and responsibilities of the Graphic Designer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work directly with the Creative Director to concept, design, develop, and implement all print and digital related marketing materials and communications that support our brand strategy;
- Responsible for exploration, conceptualization, and execution of design options and solutions under the direction of the Creative Director;
- Deliver creative and out-of-the box concepts, designs and layouts for print, digital, tradeshows, websites etc. that fit the branding guidelines;
- Provide idea suggestions and graphic translation of ideas during and following brainstorm meetings to meet all project objectives;
- Responsible for production projects including but not limited to product packaging, catalogues, tradeshow graphics (e.g wall graphics, header banners), promo totes, customer experience boxes, press and influencer kits;
- Provide creative designs for print, business cards, large scale banners stands, signage, posters, and postcards, packaging, hangtags and labels, custom orders, proposals and sell decks;
- Create digital graphics such as eblasts, social media and web banners;
- Capture, edit and manipulate images using Adobe Photoshop;
- Prepare products for photography (stuff, steam, prop and stylize);
- Provide strategic and creative advice to other designers to improve graphic design quality and consistency;
- Ensure high level of colour accuracy on printed marketing materials;
- Provide support for web administrative tasks such as product creation, web graphic implementation and web maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree in graphic design, art, communications or a related field;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in design, brand development and photography;
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite;
- File collection experience required;
- Full understanding of printing and prepress design, as well as possessing the skills for prepping files for output;
- Strong design skills and an understanding of proper layout standards;
- Artistic sensibility including knowledge of design elements;
- An eye for aesthetics in presentation materials;
- Strong visual communication skills;
- Excellent understanding of and working knowledge of brand building and brand management;
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and problem solving skills;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Energetic, self-motivated and results oriented;
- Able to effectively communicate, develop and maintain relationships;
- Bring creativity and 'out of the box' thinking to the position;
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines;
- Commitment to being a team player and collaborating in a dynamic work environment;
- Good understanding of social media;
- Desire to learn;
- Great attention to details;
- Must be able to work with or without a creative brief; and
- Able to work independently.
- Expert with design software programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Indesign;
- Must have basic HTML knowledge;
- Experience using Mailchimp and Shopify;
- Able to prop, stuff and stylize products;
For more information about our company, visit : www.luglife.com
Please include your portfolio with resume
Job Type: Full-time